Jx IoT Evaluation Module
- For rapid design of SoCs for small embedded applications on IoT edge nodes
- J2 or J32 CPU Core SoC implemented in FPGA
- Raspberry Pi model B form factor
- No third-party IP licenses
- Fully open source hardware, software and firmware for development
- Hardware based security engine
- Xilinx Spartan-6 LX45 FPGA
- 128MB DDR Memory
- 1MB Flash Memory for FPGA bitstream
- 10/100 Ethernet
- 4x USB 2.0 compatible ports, one for each flipper
- HDMI video
- 3-pole 3.5mm jack with composite video and audio outputs
- 28-GPIO pins on a 40 pin header configured to match the Raspberry Pi Model B
- Additional micro-USB connector for power, FPGA programming and JTAG
- Embedded Linux software stack
Fast Turn Simulation→FPGA→Shuttle→ASIC Path
The CX100 IoT EVM is a low-cost open source hardware development platform, to allow the prototyping, validation and early testing of new IoT ASIC designs in as little as one day.
Tools are provided for front end to system firmware deployment. They allow easy integration of custom digital functionality on chip at full speed, and system testing with analog or interface circuits easily prototyped. The platform uses the well known and successful 'Raspberry Pi 2' form factor. It can then be used in engineering evaluation and even field deployments on real networks, before committing to an ASIC tapeout.
Standard Cores & Customer IP Integration
While the J-Core and S-Core platform is supported by a set of front end design tools that configure and customize the basic platform for your design quickly, the purpose of the SoC platform is to integrate custom IP cores into unique solutions. Wrapper generators and verification tools are provided to integrate with the standard SoC design flow.
The platform is designed for real world applications. The S-Core DSP is a dedicated signal processing engine, embedded in, for example, an IoT sensor node.
The advantage of using a standard and open platform from Core Semiconductor is the ecosystem comes built in. Compiler support, middleware, networking, and OS are all immediately available.